Cheap gravel

EowynJane

HHmmm.. Sil industries is a little to far for my liking. I need enough to fill a 50 gallon tank and I was hoping to go with natural colours.

Target play sand from home depot is what I use. I think for a 50G, you will require maybe 5 bags..for a 2" layer (IMO)..I think each bag costs ~$6.00

HHmmm.. Sil industries is a little to far for my liking. I need enough to fill a 50 gallon tank and I was hoping to go with natural colours.

Target play sand from home depot is what I use. I think for a 50G, you will require maybe 5 bags..for a 2" layer (IMO)..I think each bag costs ~$6.00

5 BAGS? I've got one bag in my 150, and I have over an inch of sand in there. I also have 3/4 of a bag in my 60 gallon, and it has almost 3 inches of sand.

Umm i'm thinking Group order maybe if there is enough interest and somone willing to travel. I wish i could help for gravel but i can't so good luck

L

Sil Industries isn't really far away. Its by 30st and 116th Ave.

It's further than 30st...

its like 16st or something, it's just past 17st off the yellowhead

Umm i'm thinking Group order maybe if there is enough interest and somone willing to travel. I wish i could help for gravel but i can't so good luck

L

Sil Industries isn't really far away. Its by 30st and 116th Ave.

It's further than 30st...

its like 16st or something, it's just past 17st off the yellowhead

On their website they have 2 edmonton addresses. 305-116st(distrubution center) and 7331 - 18 Street(head office). I assumed you pick it up from the distrubution center but I guess i'm wrong. When I got my bag someone else picked it up for me.

Either way, they are both before Sherwood Park. So its not like its that long of a trip to get there if you live in Edmonton. Definitely worth it if you want a nice sized, natural looking gravel for cheap.

Edited by degrassi

On their website they have 2 edmonton addresses. 305-116st(distrubution center) and 7331 - 18 Street(head office). I assumed you pick it up from the distrubution center but I guess i'm wrong. When I got my bag someone else picked it up for me.

Either way, they are both before Sherwood Park. So its not like its that long of a trip to get there if you live in Edmonton. Definitely worth it if you want a nice sized, natural looking gravel for cheap.

I now remember, cause when I google map'd 305-116ave it gave a lcoationa few blocks from where I live but there's nothing there at 30st.

The location was 116ave and 3st, off yellowhead past 17st before Henday lol

5 BAGS? I've got one bag in my 150, and I have over an inch of sand in there. I also have 3/4 of a bag in my 60 gallon, and it has almost 3 inches of sand.

ditto, I used one bag in my 50 gallon and I have over 2 inchs of substrate.

check this out...natural gravel...

Natural gravel on Kijiji

looks like coffee beans -roll-

I'll have to look at the sil site again! I did actually buy some at walmart this weekend but I haven't done anything with it yet and I'm not against returning it if I can get a better deal. I really don't want to go with sand though.

Degrassi - can you post a link to exactly what you used?