Sick fish

Koffy

Need to more information to properly answer your concerns. What type of fish are in the tank? What are you currently treating with? What is the temperature?

Just feeder goldfish. and a couple of danios. and my baby pleco. (plec's seperated in a 3 gal hospital tank, he needs half the dosage) its just a room temp tank.

i put in a little heat. im treating with "ick guard" from jungle lab. corp.

it seems to be helping. My one fancy goldfish wasn't moving too much. But its up and about. Came to the surface to eat. I didnt think it would

make it though the night. soo?? Seems to be helping. Im about to do another 1/2 change and treat again (as directed by product).

I heard that nox-ich is horrible stuff and I was told to stay away from that product. I stained my floor with that nox-ich garbage. Try kick-ich it's a totally different medicine without that dye in it. I tried it and I had no problems with anything in my tank. Plant/Reef safe.

I just had a MAJOR outbreak of Ich in my main Cichlid tank. I treated with salt and heat NOTHING ELSE and i've been ich free for over about two weeks. I still have some salt in the tank and the heat is a little higher than normal to get the Ich cycling faster to the treatment stage if they by some miracle survived the initial salt attack. What i've read that salt does is it disrupts the cell membrane of the disease and kills it. All i know is it works. The heat speeds up the lifecycle of Ich. Ich is only able to be killed in it's free swimming stage not when it's on the fish or in the gravel dividing after falling off the fish. The cycle normally takes a few weeks i've heard but it really depends entirely on the temp of the water. Also i've read that the increase in temp will also help kill off the disease. Read the website provided above and Good luck. It may sound like a scary thing but once you have treated it once it's just like your kids getting the flu. You worry you stress you want to stay home to take care of them but you know the meds (salt) will make it all better soon.

Good luck

L

Salt?? what does salt do exactly??

And it looks to be clearing already. its day two of treatment. the temps up. and the fish are all eating.

Sucks my oscar had gotten it awsell. Definetly alot more mild though

It kills baby ich before they can find a host. It may also have some other benefits, just don't overdo it.

jungle ich is good stuff =) The first remedy I've used that ever had survivors.

It's strange. Everything is clearing up in my tank. Waters fine. I change it regular.

Tested it and its fine. Just this morning there was a dead fish on the bottom of the tank??

Just a feeder. But still strange. Everyone else in the tank is fine. May have just been something i didnt see.

There is quite a few fish in there. Maybe he wasnt eating?? had a problem with that with some otherones

before too?? who knows. But the ick is much better.

Thank you