Assassin Snails (aka antentome helena)

Blue Ram

Just wondering if anyone is keeping these in any of their tanks. I'm looking for a solution for snail control in small tanks with fry where you have to feed alot. Lots of baby ramshorn snails are in these tanks. Has anyone seen them in town?

Just wondering if anyone is keeping these in any of their tanks. I'm looking for a solution for snail control in small tanks with fry where you have to feed alot. Lots of baby ramshorn snails are in these tanks. Has anyone seen them in town?

I've not seen any in town, but you can try putting in some cucumber overnight and in the morning immediately take the snail crusted cuc's out and it may help some?

I know all the snail lovers will hate me but I squish them. Bad day at work, button snails are excellent therapy and beat popping bubble wrap. All kidding aside, I just bought some so will see if they make it here okay.

I can't stand feeling the crunching of the snails between my fingers. I just take a bunch out with my fingers and throw them in a bucket, eventually they dry out and I throw them away. You could use the method of using lettuce in a jar. I can ask some snail enthusiasts in Canada if they have any sources for some assasin snails.

I did see these snails at Big Al's too awhile back!

Betta's are great snail eaters btw...

I have three 10 gal tanks, one for Black Crystals, one for Betta fry grow out and one for my Red Crystal Shrimp tank.

Both shrimp tanks are infested, hundreds.. the Betta fry tank.... 0

I sometimes take my duck weed from the shrimp tanks and put over to the betta fry tank.. and I am certain snails tag along as well.. but no snails to be seen ...

Theory, Betta's eat them !! :thumbs: I was thinking about getting those snails myself for the other two tanks, but then I thought hum... what about my shrimplets.. not sure if I like to see them gone! :unsure: Dunno, if they are even a risk to shrimplets but I certainly don't want to try!