anyone know this guy

FishBrain

So does anyone know what this is??

They were sold to me as Cobalt Blues, But since i got some from Lonelycruiser, I noticed that both look very different. Hongs are really cobalt in colour and dont have stripes like this one.

These pictures are of one fish but I have two that look alike except one is a little creamier in colour i guess you could say. High zoom on pictures so they are a little grainy.

They are pretty fish and a cool sky blue in colour most of the time

Any help would be appreciated....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/Canadbis/PICT0398.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/Canadbis/PICT0399.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/Canadbis/PICT0401.jpg

:ml:

Yes

so how come the one i have in the picture looks so much different

Mine seem to have bars as you can see

I bought the one i showed you in the picture and thought they were cobalts but the OTHER ones that i bought (from lonelycruiser) look like the real thing do you think maybe the one i show you in the three pics are maybe a hybrid??

Edited by Canadbis

It's hard to say what they are. The bars aren't very common in Met. callainos but do appear at times.

Where did you get them from?

The only other fish that it could be (if it's not a mutt) would be a male Met. estherae (red zebra), as they do show the bars like your fish has much more often that Met. callainos.

got them from pisces and I found the bill last night.

and now remember that they were blue cobalts on sale. come to think of it all the fish were white but i put that onto stress. everyone knows how they are chased all day. and seldom caught :eh:

It sure does look alot like this pic that i found Pseudotropheus_Zebra

Edited by Canadbis

The barring in your fish is much different than that of a Met. zebra; I'm guessing that the barring in your photos are when the fish are showing 'dominant' coloration, and the Met. zebra you have pictured is in the 'subdominant' coloration. When dominant the bars are very pronounced and almost V shaped, whereas yours appear to be much more linear and in line with that of Met. callainos or true blue male Met. estherae.

Not really white, but the pic of the Ps. zebra (same fish as Met. zebra, just older name) is the subdominant colouration where the bars aren't very distinct. It doesn't really go white, just a light blue as in the pic. Dominant colouration has very dark bars and the body can be slightly lighter than in the picture so there is more distinction b/c bars and body.