New Life Spectrum-which type for guppies

Guppygirl

Hi, I have guppies and was wondering which type of NLS would be best for them- the two options I saw for pellets were community fish and small fish formulas that were the right size? I don't want to buy the wrong size and it seems that lots of people are using that kind of fish food. Thanks. Any opinions welcome. :thumbs:

Hi, I have guppies and was wondering which type of NLS would be best for them- the two options I saw for pellets were community fish and small fish formulas that were the right size? I don't want to buy the wrong size and it seems that lots of people are using that kind of fish food. Thanks. Any opinions welcome. :thumbs:

If you wanna go NLS, you can do the Small fish formula (.5mm) so they can actually eat it, unless you have the bigger ones, then you can feed them 1mm. NLS is what I feed my fish, and they're doing great on it. Most people i've gotten fish from on here also feed them NLS. A small container will last awhile...so if you don't have many fish try out the size that fits best with your fish.

:)

Small fish formula(0.5mm) would probably be the right size for guppies but they should also be able to eat the community pellets(1mm).

I used to have endlers and they were able to eat both sizes. The 1mm pellets were a bit big but they were still able to eat them.

I would go with the 1mm NLS pellets and just grind it up a bit / pepermill or just between a couple of spoons... I have raised many young fish by doing this... the NLS flake is a good alternative as well / the problem with flake is that if it is in the water for any length of time it loses its nutritional value quickly , however if they eat quickly it is good...

I feed mine the small fish formula pellets which are the 0.5mm, and I also feed them the NLS flake. I am sure if the guppies are big enough they could eat the 1mm, but I would be worried of them choking on ones that size. You could always crush the 1mm like Jerry said.

I would personally recommend the Small Fish formula, and/or the H2O flakes, simply due to the higher protein & fat levels found in those formulas, vs the regular 1 mm formulas. Grinding the 1mm pellets into smaller particle sizes will work, but for smaller/more active species of tropical fish IMO you'll get a better bang for your buck by feeding a higher protein/fat formula.

HTH