Does anyone on the forum have a Cobra snakehead?

t-man

• 1 month later...

Never had one myself cobra anyway, I'd hate to think of the damage it could do to the rest of the tanks population if it felt threatened or got aggressive. Good looking SH though............... Stupid Ontario gov't

Edited by Hemi

• 4 months later...
Never had one myself cobra anyway, I'd hate to think of the damage it could do to the rest of the tanks population if it felt threatened or got aggressive. Good looking SH though............... Stupid Ontario gov't

I've had mine for a while now and have found him to be fairly aggressive. If i'm correct in my reading they do get qiute large and get nastier as they grow. I keep mine with a red devil, flowerhorn, and 2 jack dempseys to avoid any casualites

Stupid Ontario gov't

Are you not aloud to have snakeheads in Ontario?

Snakeheads will eat EVERYTHING, and could devistate local ecosystems if they could survive the winter.

Yes your right you can not keep snake heads in ontario and i believe all of the U.S do to the fact they can take over and kill off entire spieces. They don't like our frozen climate hear very much....lol course niether do I.

I have kept the cobra sanke head and they do usually get quite agressive as they grow. check this out 25lbs 33" long http://www.carpecarpio.com/snakeheadfishing.html

• 3 years later...

I know this thread is old. But.

I had a cobra for six years. He was the meanest badass mo fo. He grew to 22 inches long and decemated anything I put in the tank with him including a foot long pleco when he was the same size.

Sadly he didnt survive the move to my new place a few months ago.

I have never had a more active interesting fish.