electric yellow holding

frontfish

In a net, in the main tank, chances are they will get ground up like hamburger by your other fish.

As far as color, that depends on their diet, as well as your water parameters.

Most yellow juvies start to color up very early on. (if fed a high quality food)

Personally, I wouldn't keep the babies in the breeding net, at least not with adult fish. Too much possibility that they'll get nipped and killed through the net. Colour will depend on genetics and what you're feeding them. I don't think you'll get any better colour than using cyclop-eeze to start and then NLS growth formula once they're a couple weeks old (mine can usually take the NLS pellets at 2-3 weeks). I've used other flakes with my F1's (supposed colour enhancing flakes), and they had no/crappy colour for months, with cyclop-eeze and NLS they've got great colour by the time they're 1/2", and are already getting some black and they're just under 1".

I've got some lab fry on cyclop-eeze at the moment, and I also crush the New Life Spectrum Growth pellets up with the back side of a spoon, and feed that as well. In another week or two it will 100% NLS. ;)