battas in tanks??

Koffy

No, any inactive betta is a unwell betta! Either the water perimeters were different such as PH values water too cold and shocked him, or if you forgot to dechlorinate the water.

Change his water to clean water, up the temp to max 82 degrees.. add a little epson salt premix in the water first dont' just dump in the tank solid, desolve the epson salts first then add to tank... mix the salt around the tank...

Wait for a few hours to see if there is any improvement..

post again if no improvement, we can go from there

Definitely something wrong. When I moved my bettas around they were swimming around happily and even ate the same day. Hope everything goes well, like blackmumba said, try doing a small water change, increase the temps and add a little salt. Have you tested the parameters of the water?

no i havent tested yet. im going there this weekend. and im going to actually see how bad he is.

ill be taking my test kit. and a heater just to get the temp regulated. shes already done a 1/2 change and added

the salt like i said. and the water is reverse osmosis. so no chlorine to worry bout. hope hell be ok. hes really pretty.

thats saying lots for me. i like big fish

I''m no expert and hopefully someone can help me out but aren't you supposed to mix RO water with tap water? Help out the technophobe here guys!!

i would use just tap water with a water conditioner, like Aquaplus. no need to use any 'special' water. don't think the epsom salts are necessary, unless he looks bloated, but if he hasn't eaten, that is not likely.

how many days since the betta got moved? he may still be adjusting. as another poster said, the filter flow might be bugging him. did the water from the bowl get transferred over too?

IMO, 'special' water, such as R/O, distilled, or bottled, is not necessary as long as your tapwater is safe to drink and you have a good dechlorinator on hand that neutralizes the chlorine and chloramine (which may be present depending on what municipal water supply you have)

how is mr betta doing now? update please!

IMO, 'special' water, such as R/O, distilled, or bottled, is not necessary as long as your tapwater is safe to drink and you have a good dechlorinator on hand that neutralizes the chlorine and chloramine (which may be present depending on what municipal water supply you have)

how is mr betta doing now? update please!

I finally saw him. but i was too late. he was alive in the morning, but not when i got there this after noon. I guess he had it pretty bad.