Place's to get Sand?

Well I have 2 40lb bags of crushed coral for my new 180Gal but wanted to mix it with some fine white sand as the price of the coral is kinda high ($55 a bag). Where in edmonton can I find pool filter sand or a fine grain sand for the bottom of my tank to mix with the crushed coral I already have, or are there better sand I could use? I have tryed looking In edson where I live but being a small town there are not many options that I like.

you might want to try Canar Rock Products on 75 street, just north of Roper Road. i know they have play sand there, but it is stored outside so i don't know if that is a factor in any contaminants that might be in it. doesn't hurt to go look and ask though!

Home Depot carries Target Play Sand. In Edmonton, I've found that it's always rinced and doesn't cloud the water... I here in Calgary it's not the case.

A 50lb bag will run you about $8.

I am using super silica #7 sand from silver automotive or any automotive supply store is sand blasting sand about 10$ for 80 lb ,It is not white but is light color ,It looks great and settles to bottom very quick

Dana

• 2 weeks later...

looking for pool sand...i can give what ever you want coz im working in hotel with pool im the one who changing to pool sand filter...just give whatever fish you have just trade it ....coz we have a lot poll sand ready for dump...