angels

somnio

okay i have 4 smaller angles that i would possibly like to move to my 50 gal but i have one med to large angel already in there... will their be issues should i leave them in the quarintine tank till i can get a 29gal running?

Normally it is not an issue to have smaller angels with larger ones.

ive heard that it's not a good idea to do this that the larger one will pick on the smaller ones, my little guys have been thru alot i've gone thru 4 that have died i have a good bunch right now that are strong... if their is any possiblity of them getting into trouble then i'll hold off on moving them..

ive heard that it's not a good idea to do this that the larger one will pick on the smaller ones, my little guys have been thru alot i've gone thru 4 that have died i have a good bunch right now that are strong... if their is any possiblity of them getting into trouble then i'll hold off on moving them..

If you do put them in there, just observe for awhile. I've had some larger angels who co-exist peacefully and I've had 2 who were just plain nasty. I figure that I knew within a day or two, which ones were nasty as they had the other fish all scared. However they didn't kill or injure any of the fish, just kept them on the side of the tank. So just watch them and IMHO, you'll know.

I put small angels in with my larger ones before. Afterall there is only 1 large one and 4 of them, so if there is any aggression there are more of them to be picked on which will help spread out the aggression. I think they should be fine as long as you have places for them to retreat and hide if they need to. Try feeding the other fish first then put the new angels in right after feeding, it usually makes them less aggressive.