New to this whole thing

anglophobe

:welcome: to AA

You'll need to let us know what size is the tank and what is in it .

You may need to decide which ones you'll keep and which ones will need a new home .

The most basic part of fish KEEPING is understanding the "cycle". Without a healthy cycle you'll have a lot of trouble keeping healthy fish. You'll need to know what the environment for your fish needs to be ie. temp, food , water PH (only for some, most are OK with our tap water). You'll need Prime to condition your tap water for the tank . Only use what is recommended on the bottle , any more is just a waste of the product.

Hello and welcome to our friendly forum!

as Qattarra said, you will need to decide which fish to keep and which to rehome. once you have decided, you could post a classified ad on here to see if any members want your fish, or you could contact some of the aquarium stores in the area to see if they may take them in.

yes, the cycling of a tank is the most important aspect of fishkeeping. as a member on another forum i belong to once said "fishies are more happy when their water is less crappy", a funny lil limerick, but very true!

do lots of research, don't skimp out on cheap equipment (but don't buy the most expensive either, find a good middle ground), love your finkids, and enjoy!

Hello - What's the story behind your name anglophobe? It doesn't sound very friendly to me.

I used to teach English in Asia.

Anglo = English

Phobe = phobia/afraid...

Afraid of English...

And I'm not sure if it's a discus, as I said, I'm new... it is kinda disc shaped though..

would you be able to post some photos of the fish in the tank? we'd be able to identify all the species for you. also, would be able to tell you if any are stunted from living in too small a tank. that many fish, and the adult size of them in that tank...... oh lordy, i don't even want to think of it....... good for you for knowing they can't continue in there together!

hi everyone im new to this site ..im happy to discover this site...im from the philippines just migrate 3 years ago..im been long time keeping fish....way back im a keeper of flowerhorn and arowana.....but now im keeping a selected mlawi cichlids,some burundi frontosa and mpimbwe...and waiting soon for RTG arowana...