how to sink a log

blam

I got a log today to tie my plants to, and on the tag it says it should sink immediately in aquariums

well, it floats...like crazy....lol

It's been soaking in water (weighed down) for the last few hours with no changes, will it eventually sink when it has enough water soaked in?

it is called "Mopani wood"

thanks

Is it GEOsystem Natural Aquascape Mopani Wood? If it is, it should sink. They recommend it be soaked for a couple of day. I purchased one of these, looks fantastic, but I soaked it for two months!!!!!!! and it still was changing the colour of the water so it is now in storage with all the other stupid fish stuff I have purchaed.

Edited by randy

not sure if its GEOsystem, it had a lizard on it. i got it from natures cornerstore if that helps

ill let it soak for a couple weeks if i have to

the wood is quite nice looking. i dont mind if it changes the water color, i have a couple logs that are already doing that.

What i do, is boil it. I have a turkey deepfryer, and I put the wood in there and boil it for a like a whole day, I call it making log and stone soup. lol. But in fact I have the say kinda log in one of my tanks, and it spend up the sinking process with boiling it, but with out soaking it for a long time it still turned my tank brown....err. So I have been doing tons of water changes to get rid of that.

Get a hold of a slate or granite tile, drill a couple holes in it and screw it to the wood with stainless steel screws. Set it in your tank and cover the tile with substrate. It will eventually stay down, then you can remove the tile or leave it on.

Another option would be to silicone the wood to a rock, granite, or slate tile, a little harder to remove later on.