Snakeheads @ Big Al's

roypark05

• 4 weeks later...

I kept and bred the bleheri in a 20 gal. tank. I think that they are one of the most beautiful tropical species of ornamental fish there is. I'd highly recommend them and I think if you are really interested in some of the "micro" snakeheads, don't be put off by what you hear about the typical larger species. The micro species do not require any live foods and will do well on pellets and larger frozen foods like krill. I think BAs has some stock of a smaller species right now.

I kept and bred the bleheri in a 20 gal. tank. I think that they are one of the most beautiful tropical species of ornamental fish there is. I'd highly recommend them and I think if you are really interested in some of the "micro" snakeheads, don't be put off by what you hear about the typical larger species. The micro species do not require any live foods and will do well on pellets and larger frozen foods like krill. I think BAs has some stock of a smaller species right now.

I am looking into the smaller species, and with a 180 they should have room, sufficient hiding places, and planted cover to keep a group. The bleheri are beautiful, though I've heard they aren't as active as others and are somewhat pelagic. What was your experience?

Just in the planning stages right now, looking at filtration and lighting options for such a tank.

O

What species?

O

Edited by ocellatus

I am looking into the smaller species, and with a 180 they should have room, sufficient hiding places, and planted cover to keep a group. The bleheri are beautiful, though I've heard they aren't as active as others and are somewhat pelagic. What was your experience?

Just in the planning stages right now, looking at filtration and lighting options for such a tank.

O

Pelagic? What do you mean by that? They are ambush predators and so are not unusually active. I'm not sure of the species at BAs, ask the fish room manager.

• 3 weeks later...