We have native suckers

Interresting list of fish. I wonder why they don't have Sauger on there.

http://www.fishalberta.com/Species/sauger.htm

If you haven't seen live specimins or better pictures of some of these fish then you might be in for a shock when you do because they are WAAAYYYYY more colourful than they appear in those photos. The rainbow trout is not just some random name and neither is the Yellow perch. Thanks for the site it really gave me some ideas about setting up my own alberta fish tank. Pretty fish and maybe good Koi companions(temp wise).

Very interesting. I know there are a few other fish that are missing from the list but maybe they are trying to get good photos of them before adding them.

THanks

L

Unfortunately I don't think we're allowed to keep native species . Besides, you'd need a chiller.

Legal issues aside, you don't need a chiller to keep most of our native fish I kept many different kinds in the early 70's and they all did well in room temp

Legal issues aside, you don't need a chiller to keep most of our native fish I kept many different kinds in the early 70's and they all did well in room temp

That has been my experience as well. I've kept wild fish for a couple days at a time in my photo tank at ambient temperature without any issues, they just need more aeration than some tropical fishes.