46 gallon planted tank

Fishstreet

That looks incredible!!! :drool: I like the fact that it doesn't look over-crowded-still lots of room for viewing fish. It's that type of look that made us want to try a planted tank.

Have you guys set a date for your workshop yet? We will definately be attending.

We really want to give this planted thing a try-doesn't get more natural looking than that!!

Awesome!

Rob and Rhonda

I've been biting my tongue on this one... It is a great aquascape, but I definitely see some room for improvement...

Firstly, gotta deal with the collectoritis going on - too many kinds of plants, it would look much better using 3-4 plants than the current (8-9?).

I don't see where you're going with the background plants... Maybe I just need to see it grown in more.

For showing off your abilities, I'd definitely move away from the current aquascaping, It's almost "off the shelf" planted tank, driftwood run lengthwise - foreground ahead, background plants behind... While it is a standard for a reason - it's really only original in the driftwood used (and any driftwood is going to be a bit different than the next peice).

I'd love to see you try doing something a bit more original - something that really makes people take notice.

But thats just my .02$

Andy

Edited by AndyL

Thank you for all the feedback everyone. Will update you on workshop soon. I am currently running a 196watts lighting system by CoralLight. Very happy with it.

Andy, thank you for all your great feedback. My tank definitely do need some improvements, and I am currently working on that. Looking at your feedback, I am quit sure that you have good experience when it comes to planted tank/aquascape. I would love to see some of your creation. Please attach some of your work for our review in the next post.

Fishstreet

David

Very nice display, that resembles a Ammano style of setup (japanesse form) the foreground still needs to fill in somewhat as does the background plants. I think this tank will show much better in a couple of months. Very well done though.

Garhan

Hopefully this time my post wont go missing...

LOL, I'm good at growing plants, and making other peoples tanks look great... Somehow I'm my own worst enemy :) (That could change if gary gets off his butt with this AA planted tank contest though). I never stick with one design long enough for it to grow in - and I've always been too anxious to grow out some more to trade/sell - thus tanks end up looking very jungle like.

Andy

We still think that your tank looks BEAUTIFUL, Fishstreet. :D That's the great thing about this hobby... everyone has different tastes. Some people like a planted tank that is so thick that you can't see much else, and some like just a bit to accent other features.

Andy, we would sure like to see some of your photos to see what your taste is like.

Good job, Fishstreet!!

:w00t:

Thank you Gary for all your input. Will update everyone on the tank in couple of months.

Andy, why don't you post some of your works and let the people here to decide you are good at aquascaping or good at growing plants. Looking forward to see your next post.

David

fishstreet.ca