Tank Problem

Becky

I have a cracking stand. The front two corners are coming apart, I only have a pic of the left side.

I am draining the tank now, and will put the fish into Rubermaids.

Any advice here?

Tank is level, and its been set up since Sept. of '08.

Thanks,

Becky

And since I can't seep to upload anything here, please see pics at my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/17908830@N00/...eted=1477412038

There is a pic of the crack, tank and canopy. Just in case I decide to sell the darn thing.

Edited by Becky

It doesn't look like the tankactually rests on the cracking area. If you have the money buy a new stand if not you might try re-enforceing it with some metal braceing. I can't say for sure because i don't know what the stand is engineerd to do(sideways and vertical supports) If it is a manufactured stand from a fish store they should fix/replace it for you since it's only 3 years old. The manufactured ones need engineer certification to sell and if the engineering or manufacturing is flawed then it could easily mean a number of heafty lawsuits they couldn't win. I highly recommend the rubbermaids with filters as a temp measure but a replacement stand or heavy renforcement of the existing structure may be a slightly less safe but cheaper in the short term. Look at the vertical supports of the tank and what the tank sits on and then check to see if the cracking is the vertical support or is it to stop the whole thing from colapseing sideways like a table with no bracein on the legs. I suspect it is the braceing that is going so it should be an easy fix.

Good luck and i hope this might help.

L

P.S. if you can GET A NEW STAND if at all possible. If not then method 2 is acceptable but it's better to be safe than sorry so double everything.