anyone know where I can score some of these?

rodsboys

Rodsboys, any luck in locating the South American Bumble Bee cat ?

I know they are available from the wholesalers, so any retailer in Ed. should carry them,/ be able to bring some in for you.

Unfortunately, they are not a very common catfish for the average hobbiest to "want". I have had 6 of them in the tanks at the shop, for over a month and unless you point them out, you never see them. Most customers usually go "YUCK" or " INTERESTING" !

Smokey

B)

Edited by Smokey

• 1 month later...

Bought 2 at Riverfront during the sale for $5.99. Christian,are they S.A. bumble bees or the Asian Pseudomystus siamensis? I was unable to see if the top whiskers stuck up or out. I bought them on impulse, put them in my 55 and then proceeded to look them up on the internet. There I learned about their eating habits and I had just stuck a pair of 2 inch cats in with some 3/4 inch blue dolphin fry. :chair: I had to tear down the whole tank to find them and net them out. Of course in all the mess and confusion I still didn't make a note of the whiskers. They are now in my tank with 4-6 inch adults. And my wife questions why I would buy fish that I will probably never see. What can I say I thought they were cool.