My Clown Knife

The-Influence

Well About A Month Ago I Had Given My Clown Knife Up Due Ta Him Out Growing My Tank And Me Not Being Able Ta Get This 300 Gallon Project Underway . So I Gave Him Up Too A Bigger Tank But About 2 Weeks After I Had Ta Take Him Back As He Was Not Eating For The New Owner . But When I Got Him Back He Was In A Small Rubber Maid On His Back . At First Glance I Thought He Was Dead But Looking Closer He Was Still Breathing . In Hopes That He Was Just Stressed Out I Put Him Back In His Old Tank But He Just Floated Around Belly Up . So Now Im Thinking Hes Going Ta Die By The Time I Come Home The Next Morning ! But He Did Not ! Yet He Was Still Just Floating Around * Still Belly Up * Well It Went On For 2 More Days And I Thought For sure I Was Going Ta Have Ta Put Him Out Of His Misery ! So I Went Out And Bought Some Clove Oil But When I Came Back He Was Right Side Up Just Not Very Sturdy . It Looked Almost Like He Forgot how Ta Swim And He Was Learning How . So At This Point I Thought If He was Fighting For Life Who Am I Ta Kill Em . So I Moved Him To My Fry Grow Out Tank To Use It As A Hospital Tank . So Here I Thought Id Drug Him Up With Melafix In hopes That Maybe He Is Just Cought An Illness That I Could Not See . Its Been A week Now And He No Longer Goes Belly Up Hes Starting Ta Swim And seems Ta Be Doing Ok . But At The Same Time He Still Has Not Eaten ! Even Being In The Fry Tank Where Its Buffet World ! And He Seems Afraid Of Dry Food And Worms ! Now For This Fish That Is Not Right ! And He Will Not Go Near The Bottom Of The Tank ! Again Not Normal !

So The Point Of All This Is My Fish Have Never Been Sick So Im A Lil Lost Of What The Deal Could Be Here . Any Help Would Good Right About Now . I Really Dont Want This Fish Ta Die If It Can Be Helped . And Since Im Not A Fish Vet And Dont Know Better . Could He Be Brain Dead ? Sure Acts It ....

I am no help, I read your post the other day and didn't offer any information as I don't feel I have any advice or insight to offer. I see no one else has helped you out either...sorry. I have a clown knife who when I fist got him didn't eat for nearly three weeks because I refused to feed feeder fish to him. But he did eventually give in and now he eats flakes and pellets and algea waffers. Going for three weeks without any food didn't seem to harm him at all. But why yours isn't swimming well, I can't begin to guess. Sorry I can't be more help.

No Iv Not Soaked Food .... But Its Not So Much The Food That Is The Problem ... He Swims Like He has No Clue Whats Going On .... Iv Never Seen A Fish Act Like This ! And It Seems He Cant Keep His Balance ... The Reason I Posted This Was Maybe Another On This Site Has Seen This Before So Thanks For The replys

And Jvision Whats The Deal With Garlic ?

The deal with garlic is that fish find it irresistible, so if he's not eating, the garlic may get him eating. And if he's eating and getting healthier, then he may be able to fight off the infection (which I think it probably is) naturally.

The deal with garlic is that fish find it irresistible, so if he's not eating, the garlic may get him eating. And if he's eating and getting healthier, then he may be able to fight off the infection (which I think it probably is) naturally.

Worked like a charm dude ! I soaked krill ! He only ate two but hell it's better then nothing ! It was weired when I dropped the krill in he went right away but was nugging it ! Looked like he had a hard time opening his mouth . I'm going ta try again tomorrow . I'm going ta look in ta that NLS as well .

Thanks guys

So glad you had some success! Hope all goes well. Keep us posted.

Don't give up until he stops breathing, with many animals, fasting is a natural way of self healing. I don't pretend to be a fish expert but he could still very well pull through. If you know of (or anyone else knows of) a broad spectrum medication that is non stressing (by that I mean not hard in any way on the fish, some meds tax verious organs etc...) then I might consider using it to give him the boost he my need to self heal. Just my two cents. But doing nothing can be helpful as well. Remove any forms of potenial stress and just let him rest...reduce the light for sure as these creatures are more comfortable in the dark.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I Thought Since My Bud The Knife Has Eaten A Rather Large Amount Of Krill Today That He Is Almost Back To Normal ! Only Took Over A Month Of Melafix And A Huge Amount Of Watching Him And Hoping Fer The Best ! But I Think The Worst Of It Is Over ....

Thanks Too You Guys Who Helped Me Out