Some Betta Pics

Wingin' It

So we all like pics, and I just uploaded some and thought i'd share...

This is one of my babies...about a month old now

003-1.jpg

006-2.jpg

Here's a SD baby that I got from fishclubgirl a few months ago...he LUV's his food haha

001-1.jpg

he's not very big yet, but his fins have a nice subtle green on them.

Awesome! Looks really healthy. How many do you have right now?

I certainly enjoyed watching my fry grow from that stage and they will be hitting 3 months old on the 8th. I also like flashing the lights on them to see if they are coloring up... they must really think I am annoying by now :D

Awesome! Looks really healthy. How many do you have right now?

I certainly enjoyed watching my fry grow from that stage and they will be hitting 3 months old on the 8th. I also like flashing the lights on them to see if they are coloring up... they must really think I am annoying by now :D

Thanks! I have 6 in total, just found the 6th one...but 3 of them, i've come to the conclusion are belly sliders...they're not as big and just hang out on the bottom all the time. I guess I should just cull them and put them out of their missery but they're the first batch of Betta fry that i've been able to keep past 2 weeks! Oh well...I just got another CT Male last weekend so maybe he'll be a good dad too. One can hope anyways.

You should take some pics of yours! I'd love to see 'em! Have you separated them yet or are they together? I think BlackMumba keeps hers together unless they start killing each other...which is cool.

I had 17 of my fry survive and I had been keeping them all together in a 2.5 gallon tank until recently. I gave 2 to a girl I know as her first fish and 2 to a coworker to replace her betta that died at work of unknown causes. My two biggest have since gone into the main tank with mom and dad and I have separated my brightest blue and the only belly slider(great description of the behavior), to go play with the endler fry in my little 15 gallon tank I have been using as an unofficial breeding tank. Seems any fish I put in there have had kids. The belly slider seems to be very active but doesnt float vertically very well like his tail is heavy but I like him and I dont believe he is suffering since he can get to the surface easily so I will likely keep him around. So that leaves me with 9 still in the 2.5 gallon tank together still and I will separate them as I notice any aggression. The two biggest were moved into the main tank because they were starting to bully everyone in the 2.5 and I am still not sure but I suspect they are both female. Here are some pics:

some of the smaller guys in the 2.5

some of the others

bright blue swimming by a trumpet snail

my second biggest that is in the main tank checkin out a gold filter clam

my biggest at 2 months

Edited by Cgy_Betta_Guy

They're so pretty!!! I love the Red guy (2nd biggest??!) I'm a fan of the red! Congrats! That's an awesome turnout! I bought a new red male CT for my cambodian female CT so I hope I can get some nice ones outta their spawn! I love seein' these little guys. Thanks for the pics Cgy_Betta_Guy!

yeah I didnt really realize how nice that red guy was until I got him into the main tank and under the good lighting and has certainly grown on me. He is catching up in size to #1 too. I do suspect they are both females but not quite positive yet. I am hoping to keep 4 females in there eventually so hopefully neither of these 2 will need to move out.

Mom and dad got busy in the main tank about 2 weeks ago but couldnt manage to defend the falling eggs against their tank mates and actually got frustrated themselves and started to eat the eggs. Hopefully they havent acquired taste for it cuz I may want to try to breed them again very soon.