rubber lip plecos

fishclubgirl

I spotted a nice sexable pair of these and was debating them. However I'm not sure if they were labelled correctly. Can anybody tell me some latin names for these?? The one on the sign was different than the one I'm finding on the internet. They are about 4" but mature (and am not telling where!!). Like I need more fish!!

hahaha...Don't make me go looking! I have all day!! lmao.

Actually I don't, but when I looked up that pleco...there's very little info on them! Wierd eh? Just a lot of people asking for more info on them. I found one place that said they grow big and shouldn't be in anything less than a 100 gallons! Scarey thought! I've seen some monsters at the Petland in the south end of the city!

Not sure, I should just buy the pair and get it over with. My question would be, this male is sporting a fine moustache at 4", is there rubber lip pleco that stays smaller and would be sexually mature at this size?? Believe me, Tom Selleck has nothing on this fish!!

I don't believe Rubberlips get "mustaches". I think they are mislabeled, probably ancistrus sp.

Turns out to be a chaestoma thomasii, I think. Unfortunately, he was gone next time I was there. Petsmart sometimes has some interesting finds for a chain store.