ANOTHER peacock holding!

jesp

Alright, good news and bad news.

The good news is that another of my peacocks is holding. I have a feeling like this is going to be a very regular thing.

The bad news is that my 10 gallon is full of fry that are a little bit older, maybe 2-3 weeks. Is there any way that I can put the female in the tank with the other fry who are a few weeks old? I know there are people who strip the fry from the female, but can I put them in with the older fry right away? How is that done anyways?

How do you people do it when you have so many fry and not so many tanks?

I am up for any suggestions.......as usual. Thanks everyone.

If you are pretty darn sure she is just recently holding then 2 weeks is what i was told is a safety net before you move her anywhere otherwise she'll spit them or eat them i can't remember which. As for putting her in the tank with the other fry well as long as the fry are too small to eat the new ones and you provide cover for any that might get picked on then you should be fine not for sure but that is what i would do if i were you. Mind you I think the female would eat the other fry if you didn't strip her and had her in the tank with the other fry. The other thing is if you aren't 100% sure that they aren't hybrids then they probably aren't worth the work and money to grow them out. I could be wrong but Personally i don't want to see hybrids and i won't buy them But i'm fine with the few that have accidently spawned in my tank but i won't sell those ever.

Congratulations

Good luck

L

P.S. Having fish babies is exciting though and watching them grow up is equally fun. That's another reason i like fish more than other pets. You can probably pick up another small tank at the calgary auction if you need another one for cheap.

Edited by Ishkabod