XB arowana and sunshine pleco

RDFISHGUY

Thanks, but I don't think these are my best pics let alone the best in Canada. I think most of these are just taken using autofocus. I used a couple of different lenses but I didn't feel like setting up the remote flashes this time around so there is room for improvement.

Just MHO, but these photos don't come even remotely close to depicting the true color of this fish. (it's damn near solid gold!)

(I just saw it in person yesterday)

I don't know know why, but with Ryan's camera it seems to always throw an aqua green color on the fish, when in person that color simply isn't there. I think we need RTG Gerry to come take a few shots of it. :)

Just MHO, but these photos don't come even remotely close to depicting the true color of this fish. (it's damn near solid gold!)

(I just saw it in person yesterday)

I don't know know why, but with Ryan's camera it seems to always throw an aqua green color on the fish, when in person that color simply isn't there. I think we need RTG Gerry to come take a few shots of it. :)

That green colour you refer to is the core colour or base colour of the scales I think. Most people would consider a Blue Base Gold to be of higher value than a pure 24-K gold base. Right now this fish looks like an emerald base I think? Over time the gold rim colour should work its way to the core creating more of a fusion effect. I am following the development of another similar fish in Vancouver.

Any idea what happened with the gill membrane on one side?

Gill membrane was a result of failure of my dosing pump which dump enough Prime into the tank to dose it for a year. It could've been much worse. I lost my large motoro ray and 2 clown loaches in the same incident.

I understand that Theo, the aqua color simply isn't nearly as visible when viewing with the naked eye.

IMO the fish looks completely different in person, and again, just MHO, but it looks FAR nicer in person than what Ryan is capturing through his camera lense. That's a good thing, yes? :) I would assume that this would have to do with the camera flash washing out a lot of the gold, and capturing more of the base coloration.

I didn't say that the colors aren't there, but to my eyes, under Ryan's tank lighting, that fish doesn't look anything like it does in these photos. I only mentioned it as IMO the fish looks 10x better in person.

IMO the best way to truly judge a fishes color, is to view it under natural daylight.

The tank isn't well lit so without flash there is no hope of even getting an image. I'll try to get some new video this weekend. The video seems to show better color.