there is something wrong with my plants

MrsFard

I've never had problems with them before and now its just frustrating! Um, they were neglected a bit for about a month (guilty-i know!) and I have been really babying them but it seems to be getting worse not better. dry ferts and 2.64 wpg (i believe they are T05s), and excel- i don't know what else to tell you but ask away- any words of wisdom would be appreciated! overdose? underdose?

the pictures

how old are your light bulbs? are they 6700k? what method of dry ferts do you use? are you using all of the ferts that your system recomends? is there algae? do you have plecos that would eat the plants? or snails?

Edited by fleshgear

hey! they are 6400k and from all seasons and i bought them in january. i've been doing the ei method (chemicals as prescribed- but only precisely for two weeks now- wasn't consistent before that for a while) and i have ottos, cories, and MTS, shrimp and rasboras, and an apple snail. there used to be other plant munchin snails but i stripped the whole tank about two months ago and they are GONE (sweet victory!). um no algae issues.

the apple snail is probably the problem. if it is not a small one it could probably eat everything in there pretty quickly.

everything else seems fine

Though not a snail expert, I'd check what kind of snail you have. Apple snails(pomacea brigs) do not eat plants but canas do. I have 2 tanks with over 20 apple snails in each tank and all the plants are fine(or else I never would've got the snails). As for any other thoughts on your plant problems, I'm the wrong person to ask!!

It looks like Potassium deficiency and maybe some micronutrients as well. Are you dosing Potassium sulphate? KSO4. If not, it's time to start. Your lights should be fine.

Looking at the tank my first thoughts are more plants less worrying about fert etc. Plants don't need fertilizer until they are actively growing. The ferts come second. Double the plant load especially with fast growing plants such as vals,hygro,sag...etc and the rest will begin to sort themselves out

Rudy