Water Clarity

Iv Been Looking After Fish For About 10 Years And Have Always Had Crystal Clear Water ! But These Past Few Weeks Iv Been Adding Live Plants And My Water Is Still Clear But Not As It Used To Be ! Its Got A Slight Cloud Look Now .... Is There Something Im Doing Wrong With The Plants That This Is Happening ? Its Not Harming The Fish . But Its Bothering Me Lol ....

If Ya Got some Suggestions Or Something Please Give Me Yer Input

Thanks In Advance

Blake

Iv Been Looking After Fish For About 10 Years And Have Always Had Crystal Clear Water ! But These Past Few Weeks Iv Been Adding Live Plants And My Water Is Still Clear But Not As It Used To Be ! Its Got A Slight Cloud Look Now .... Is There Something Im Doing Wrong With The Plants That This Is Happening ? Its Not Harming The Fish . But Its Bothering Me Lol ....

If Ya Got some Suggestions Or Something Please Give Me Yer Input

Thanks In Advance

Blake

It is possible that adding plants changes the balance in various bacteria in the tank. It should settle eventually but more WC may be nessesary have read here http://www.oscarfish.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=80236 sounds like the start of a bacteria bloom. More experienced folks will add to this for sure.

John

I too think this sounds like a bacteria bloom. They may be consuming something from your driftwood, if it's new. I've seen a bloom when candy was put into my tank - anyone around who might be giving the fishies a treat?