Ya or Na's about UV Sterilizers

Fisheye

Well I have one and i hardly use it. I always have enough tanks sitting around for a QT tank to be set up so i don't have to worry about disease from new fish but that being said...

If you have the cash to throw away it's a nice little addition for extra security Just like having Tylenol and Medicated Ointment in the house for yourself. I have a very small one that is perfect for QT tanks. I don't think you need to have one going all the time in any freshwater tank unless it has diseased fish and or new fish. I got mine at the Auction so i paid a whopping 20-30$ it was soo long ago i can't remember anymore but for the price and the peace of mind i don't regret it. It's a security Blanket device for freshwater keepers.

Hope this might help

I have one built into one of my canister filters on my planted tank, I can put that sucker in direct sunlight and not have to worry about algae growth. Since I have moved my tank it gets about 4 hrs of direct sunlight, and all I get is a bit of dust algae on the glass every couple weeks. I like mine and would'nt set up another planted tank without one.