Well water questions

Fish_Frenzy

Hi all,

We are looking at moving shortly and the place we are most interested in is on well water (Langdon). Does anyone have the knowledge to tell me what the effects would be to freshwater fish eg. Discus, Clown Loaches, Shrimp, Cardinals etc? I know the water is high in iron, is there any type of filterer we can use or?? Have never had to deal with anything but Calgary city water so I need all the help I can get please.

Thanks,

Tammy

Get it tested, or at least see if there's a recent report. If iron is the only thing it's high in, you should be OK. However, if there are hardness or other mineral issues, you may need to invest in an RO/DI system.

Talked to a co worker who lives there and he says Langdon is on RO water and does not use chlorine. You might want to check this out with the muncipality. You're not too far from me so I'll be past with to grab some buckets on a daily basis, lol!!

Edited by fishclubgirl

Talked to a co worker who lives there and he says Langdon is on RO water and does not use chlorine. You might want to check this out with the muncipality. You're not too far from me so I'll be past with to grab some buckets on a daily basis, lol!!

The house we are consideriing is on well water, not city water. And there is a pasture behind it with horses.