Krib fry

timbruun

So I just found out that I have eggs from my Kribs. Looks like there is 20 to 30 or so. Didn't want to disrupt them too much. There is currently 1 male and 2 females in the tank. It is a rather small tank since they are for sale/trade and not in the main tank. Small being 5.5 gallons. I just put sponge over my AC20 intake so that should be ok. So for questions...

What do I do with the fry?Care?Food?

Can I leave the Male and female together with the fry?

Can the other female be in the tank also?

How long until fry can be sold?

I assume I continue with the regular water changes which have been either everyday or every other day since the tank is small. And any other info would be great.

Oh, and if anyone wants to buy breeding Kribs I'd like what I paid for them. $20. Or possible trade for plants, plant stuff, possible other fish to stock the 5.5.

5.5 gal is pretty small, so keep an eye on everything. Normally, Kribs are good parents - your 2nd female may get picked on, tho. If you're not really intending on keeping these guys, you may want to let nature take its course.

However, if you're looking to raise the fry, a 5.5gal will be OK for about 3-5 weeks. Then you'll have to move htem to a larger tank (10-20gal) or cull them. Once the parents stop brooding over the fry, you'll want to take them out or they will probably eat the fry.