Hello From Westlock

LadyBlue

Hi and Thank-You to all involved in this site. I have been reading and learning on here for the last few weeks {I google everything I dont understand.... I have been googling a whole lot} I am 60 years old and brand new to fish...lol I now have two, 30 gallon tanks, somewhat cycled {Yayyyyy} I broke the big .... cycle for many weeks......Rule....... last night . I was soooo damn impatient, at waiting, that I picked up a few fish { I know....bad old bag here } I have had my tanks cycled for about 2 weeks with the product Stability { following Stability directions }. I now have 9 little Harlequin Rasboras in 1 tank, and, 4 Rosey Barbs in the other. I think these little guys are possably old enough to vote since I got them at the small pet shop here in Westlock. I am Now praying for their survival and my dumb luck to combine in a possative outcome for all of us. I come up with all sorts of questions that are so very embaressing to even ask in here .... It is hard for me 2 admit how little I know about what should be, easy to figure out 4 myself things, such as .... How The Heck do I Get The Lid on correct when the darn filter is in my way ??? I think other newbies might feel the same about asking what we know must sound like we are really dumb [no-one likes to feel stupid}, perhaps we might, if others also see a need,... have a safe place have these kind of questions asked and answered without embaressing ourselves completely. I would love a topic started where everyone involved in this wonderfull hobby can post " What Silly Mistakes can You Admit To When You Were A Newbie ??? " I think this could be a great thread.... as we confess and laugh at ourselves and with each other { we could probably learn as well, instead of makeing the same mistakes }. OK Everyone Who wants 2 start the "True Confessions" Thread ? Thanks 2 Everyone for being here for us ....."Newbies" PS / don't bother telling me that I am an awfull speller, and not very computer savy ...As ... I already have that information {lol} LadyBlue

:welcome: Everyone here at one point or another has had newbie questions. Even after the newbie stage we still have questions it is a learning experience raising fish. Never a dull moment.

I went to elementary school in Westlock. Nice little town. We go through it every time we visit my grandparents in St.Paul. So where is the fish store in Westlock now?

I think the more readily we ask questions in life, to ourselves and others, the faster we can learn, and we will always be better off.

Ya, I'm that annoying kid at the front of the lecture hall of 500 who is asking the teacher, "Could you go back to that last slide?" Haha. I used to not always be that guy, until I learned that he is the one in the class that is always owning everyone on the tests.

On this forum you should ask everything and anything. I'm sure there is an answer waiting for you, even about your lid fitting.

Cheers

:welcome: Everyone here at one point or another has had newbie questions. Even after the newbie stage we still have questions it is a learning experience raising fish. Never a dull moment.

I went to elementary school in Westlock. Nice little town. We go through it every time we visit my grandparents in St.Paul. So where is the fish store in Westlock now?

Hi there ...... the fish store is also a small pet shop located next to the hardwear store and just east of Bumper to Bumper ...... the owners told me they have large fish tanks and ponds on their farm .... She also told me that getting harder for the independant pet shops to get fish food in, apparently Canada passed a new law that only Canadian government inspected manufacturers can sell into Canada .... she also said that Hagen is the only place at presant that she can import fish food from. I have no idea if this is true or not, I just thought I would throw it out there to see if some of our members know if this is true or not ??? Thanks for the welcome

methinks she has ONE supplier and they had prior to the new law only stocked and provided Hikari and non Seachem. If you can get her to start selling NLS it should be easy to get with the contacts on this forum IF she is agreeable. She and her staff need to be given a breif tutorial (30 secs or so) in order to sell it properly.

3 facts. More expensive BUT you will use allot less because the fish absorb more of the food due to the high quality ingredients and that results in less fish waste and less freqent water changes and tank cleaning and in the end you'll end up saving money and having much healthier fish.

Also the forum was warned about the new laws back in July but you might have missed the posting so if you want more info on that you can check the archives.

Good luck

L

Edited by Ishkabod