The other side to the SPCA

fishclubgirl

So I went to the states for vacation and to pick up some fish(wild bettas). My fish didn't arrive on time and now are sitting at the post office in the US.The seller is on vacation until January 9th so there's no sense sending them back. I called the SPCA down there to see if they can pick them up and get them a home. No go, they tell me to call the post office. I'm sure that will go over big, calling the post office a week before xmas. Aren't they here to prevent cruelty??? Am hoping my friends at the International Betta Congress can help my fish out as I'd hate to see a fish suffer!!

Unfortunately society still sees fish as ornaments and don't understand that they can be your loving pet. I recently heard someone had forgotten a Betta in a plastic bag for over a month and it was still alive. I hope yours are just as lucky.

LOL But I bet if they were koi in a frozen pond they would not hesitate to make some money and write a ticket!!

I hope someone can help you out and the fish are fine....Betta's can usually live a long time in a bag if they are packaged well.

Looks like someone in the International Betta Congress is going to pick them up for me. Now to get around the bureaucracy of the post office!!! They've been in the bag for a week so hopefully they're okay!!

I keep hearing stories of her fish lasting through unspeakable odds and still arriving alive at her house or multiplying like crazy. Why isn't any of the rest of us have it that good.

Jaykit .... she is magic .... as well as being a famouse fish whisperer { damn spelling} LOL just had to tease ya