The rare aponogeton "Walmartus" flowers

fishclubgirl

So my very first plant has bloomed and I have more starting up. Yes, the extremely rare aponogeton "Walmartus" has emerged from it's dormant period. True story, decided about 4 years ago that I would like to try real plants and see some bulbs in Walmart. Both varieties I've kept going, aponogetons and dwarf lilies. Now to see if the HAP coordinator will accept my scientific name!!!

you need to get that witnessed! i got some of my paper work together and also need to get some stuff witnessed.

also, you should post a pic so we can all see

If you get a pic of the leaves, we should be able ID it for you - there are only a few Apons that are commonly available.

Thanks Jewels, it did look like that but now has a seed(Werner, I didn't even pollinate it). I"ll post a picture later as I'd like to get it identified. However I'd like to think I discovered a new plant, aponogeton walmartus "fishclubgirl". My mom will be so proud!!

I got them at the Westbrook location a couple of years ago. They have been identified as "natans". I was in 2 Walmarts in the US in the fall and no luck. Seems to vary from location to location.