anybody use ammonia detectors on fry tanks??

fishclubgirl

Just curious, has anybody used ammonia detectors on their fry tanks and any thoughts?? I have a betta spawn that I want to get as many fry as I can from.

I never used ammonia detectors on any of my grow out fry tank when I was raising all the african cichlids. Believe it or not I never really worried too much about my fry tanks when it came to water besides the frequent water changes. I found fry to be much more hardy then you would expect. I have had tanks crash on me before and all the adults would die off and all the little fry hiding in the rocks would stay alive and healthy.

Thanks for the answer,Al. The reason I'm asking is my betta fry are in 1.5" of water in a 5 gallon. Though I have added an airstone and am gradually adding more water, that small of an amount of water can change pretty quickly. Also am looking for angelfish fry too, to help prevent ammonia burns. I figure I'll give it a shot!!