WallyMart Plants 4 Aquariums

LadyBlue

I noticed that Wallymart and hardware stores Etc. are getting there new spring plants in .... I am wondering if any of these plants can be used in aquariums with out damage to our little Fishy Friends .... and if you know of any perhaps a list of there names if you know of any ? .... They have plants much cheaper than at the LFS ? I am trying 2 find frugal ways to get plants into my tanks and Im sure others are as well. Thanking You in Advance .... Linda AKA / The Cheap Old bag In Westlock ....LOL

Edited by LadyBlue

If you want plastic plants I have found some great deals on e-bay, direct from Hong Kong. Recently I got five plants that were close to two feet high for about $12 total. There are tons of different kinds of plants on there, check it out. :)

Edited by sherlock

You can try pond sections but do your research first. My Walmart deals were dwarf lily and aponogeton bulbs for 4 dollars. I always check the pet sections, just in case. (They also have excellent prices on brine shrimp pellets too)

I just picked up two pots of Spike Moss...with the hope of submerging it. So far, i've got them in a 5 gallon, pulled apart the peat/soil they were in, and just planted the roots (dirt and all) and covered to just above the roots. They've been in for a week...so far so good. As for it being safe...No idea. I'm hoping it'll be ok though. ;)

Canadian Sphagnum moss needs very acidic water to grow submerged. Thats why we do not see it in aquariums.

Lobelia cardinalis can be grown below the water line, as can Spathiphyllums ( peace lily)

Try some of the moss out of your back yard. Not underwater - just wet feet. Mine is still going strong from last summer!!