plant identification please?

Baos

My buddy got this plant from bigal's and pretty much killed it. I have a plant experimentation tank and managed to reproduce it with hormones. Well, I have no idea what it is. I believe it may be in one of the display tanks at Big Al's closest to the salt water lighting section. Also if anyone knows why my four leaf clover just produces one leaf at a time?

plant.jpg

Probably marsilea minuta. Mine grows like that too. I have had giant 4 leaf clover but it never really took off.

Not sure if its the plant you are asking about but the spidery one with the snail on it kinda looks like pogestemon helferi but I cant say for certain since some of the leaves dont look wrinkly as they should.

Edit: Doh Val beat me to it!

Edited by Cgy_Betta_Guy

Thanks for the identification guys. That plant was pretty much 'dead' 2 weeks ago with only two leaves. And today I have two =). Might be a good one for my clown loach tank.

It is definetly Pogostemon helferi in the center and Marsilia drummondi or hirsuta is the other one.

As for the single leaf "four leaf clover" thats just the nature of the plant when it is submerged under water. Every once in a while it will have a three leaf one just to mess with you also.

R

Edited by aquatica