Hello everyone

searay

Rob from Calgary here.I run a home exterior company and have been into aquariums since I was a kid.I got out of it for a while and about 5 years ago I bought my self a 70 gal bowfront.Started out with the usual community fish but then became a tang nut.Converted to a colony of tropheus duboisi maswa and had 5 tanks in spare room with various other tangs.Then I got the planted tank bug and went high tech co2,aquasoil,teklight ect.After about a year of great success I found it in need of a complete tear down and trimming a garbage worth of plants a month was getting old.Then surfing kijji one day I found a guy selling cyprichromis kitumba fry.I think he goes by felix and is on this forum.Super nice guy and had the most amazing rare tang collection I have ever seen.Tore the planted tank down and installed an aquaterra background.Tang nut again.The cyps were 1.75 and are almost 3 inches now.Can't wait for them to color up.Sorry for the long post.Look forward to talking with some fellow fish nuts.Gotta go to work now.All the best Rob

Hey Kronosdelsol.I can't remember where I got the aquasoil.Got the link off the plantedtank.com forum.Some guy in BC.Not sure if he is still doing it.Really expensive though.No live plants in my tang tanks at the moment.Running low light now even though live plants are the jam.I have never joined a forum before so excuse my poor computer skills.Cheers Rob

WELCOME ABOARD .... and I enjoyed your friendly post ....Linda....

Rob from Calgary here.I run a home exterior company and have been into aquariums since I was a kid.I got out of it for a while and about 5 years ago I bought my self a 70 gal bowfront.Started out with the usual community fish but then became a tang nut.Converted to a colony of tropheus duboisi maswa and had 5 tanks in spare room with various other tangs.Then I got the planted tank bug and went high tech co2,aquasoil,teklight ect.After about a year of great success I found it in need of a complete tear down and trimming a garbage worth of plants a month was getting old.Then surfing kijji one day I found a guy selling cyprichromis kitumba fry.I think he goes by felix and is on this forum.Super nice guy and had the most amazing rare tang collection I have ever seen.Tore the planted tank down and installed an aquaterra background.Tang nut again.The cyps were 1.75 and are almost 3 inches now.Can't wait for them to color up.Sorry for the long post.Look forward to talking with some fellow fish nuts.Gotta go to work now.All the best Rob

Tang, isn't that an orange juice?? You may have a lack of computer skills but I have a complete lack of knowledge,lol!! Welcome to the "gang"!!