how was the CAS auction?

JLake

Sounds alot like the ace auction i attended last fall, full parking lot. A great experience for me personally, if you have never been to one and enjoy fish there is no doubt that you will enjoy a cas or ace auction. Im a big fan of paying a dollar to bump the item you want to bid to the front of the line.(Im sure ppl are annoyed by ppl like me) I hope that will be around this 28th as I am working and will only be able to leave for a half hour haha

...one monster sword plant in particular went for $60! I hope it went to a really big tank! It was super healthy!

Just for future reference in case I ever decide I might wanna sell something... How big we talkin? I have a couple big e. bleheri that are easily close to 18 inches in height and 2-3 inches in diameter at the base of the leaves that I could of parted with :D

That sword was about 18"+ in height and had a ton of leaves. I'm sure if you looked closely at it, you'd probably find 2 or 3 plants that were overdue for separating.

Our bumps were $5 this time around, and all the $$ went to Haiti relief. According to the unofficial count last night, the total from all of the bumps and donated items raised nearly $500!

We had plenty of loot donated by local and online retailers for the raffle prizes and silent auction. There was some stiff competition for the 40gal breeder tank!

Here's what it all looked like:

First auction for me as well...did a really stupid thing and brought the wrong wallet >.> but I did buy an anubias which is now in my tank, a 3 gallon filter that is going in my 3 gallon tomorrow, 2 sets of fish magazines (3 in each set) I like reading magazines like that, and a couple of ivory and assorted snails off Austin.

Would also like to thank T-Dawg for the ride back and it was really sweet to meet a couple of AA members for the first time, I saw werner and T-Dawg and also saw fishclubgirl.

LOL i see myself in the first picture xD

Edited by blackbelt609

TDawg - I did try for all of the Cory's but know what I can get some of the varieties for privately so didn't want to break the bank on them. I still am looking for Cory's though. Love the little guys.

Wingin' It - I am still happy with the boys they are great color and I have some girls that have similar coloring.

The GF though they all went for quite a bit, and did not end up with any either. The livestock was mostly a blure for me.

Some of the aquarium deco stuff went for a LOT more than I had expected it would.

LadyBlue, you are much safer staying away from the auction! LOL...i had excess self control yesterday!

And some decor grab bags were thinned out and sold a few times. I had a few items I took what I want and put the rest on the 777 (Donation for Haiti) auction table. I think parts of one bag was sold 4 times.

I recomened everyone goes, and if you are worried about spending too much leave your money at home! Some people are very into the auction and are realy realy realy into it, other are just there to see what is out there and to socialize. The auctioneers tend to have a lot of knowledge on fish and plants and give out info as they go so it's fun just to learn about stuff. They tend to bid on stuff too (I know the auctioneer from Edmonton won a few items).

Edited by T Dawg