Ammonia remover inserts for aqua clear

Bluecan

I am running an AC 70 and an AC 110 on my 75 gallon with over 100 fry growing them out...they are eating like little pigs now and producing a lot more waste. I recently added more biological ceramic rings to the already cycled rings in the filters, about half and half......mixing them together, and i have been losing fry since that time. I am not sure if i upset the bacteria so much and now they cant keep up? but im having ammonia problems and I am wondering if anyone has used the AC inserts that adsorb the ammonia and if they would reccomend them? ..my fear is that i will disrupt the balance even more due to starving the bacteria and never really getting ahead and building my bacteria numbers up, or will that even be an issue?

hopefully someone can help so I can stop losing fry

thanks

You can do a couple of different things, either add a small amount of Seachem Prime daily to detoxify the free ammonia (NH3), or add some Seachem Stability daily to help jump start your biological bacteria.

I would suggest getting the seachem stability as well. Its a very good product,and I would much rather suggest it than then the aquaclear inserts. Do the 7 day stability treatment and that will help quite a bit.

Edited by rED O

I also agree with Neil's advice.

How often are you doing water changes? With grow out tanks you need to do frequent(couple times a week) water changes to keep that ammonia down, since you are feeding messy food more often then you would to adults.

More water changes = cleaner water = faster growing fry

When I upped my water changes from once a week to 2-3 times a week I noticed a great improvement in my fry's growth and health.

thanks guys, yea my tank has a sand substrate, and because the fries waste is so tiny it is really hard to vacuum it up without taking a lot of sand, I will likely remove all the sand this wknd and go with a bare bottom tank to help with vacuuming , and pick up some of that seachem

thanks again

can i add both of the seachem products and treat it on both ways suggest RD? or just one

im still losing fry and out of a vehicle for the week, and in final exams, the only way i could get some is if PJ's carries it, does anybody know?

thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

just a suggestion but i ALWAYS have sea chem product on hand. both prime for your water conditioner as well as stability for a bio booster. i use the stability when i introduce a new guy into the tanks as well. natures corner seems to have it quite often so if your in the neighborhood stop in and see henry or gillian.

SEA CHEM PRODUCT ROCKS