Sun Sun Canister w/uv

Jayba

the true purpose of having a UV is more than just algae.

Ideally you want to have the UV kill any water born bacteria, etc

9W UV could do that, but would need a MUCH lower flow rate.

I figured that from what I know of pond filtration. I guess a flow reduction valve could be fitted for such an ocasion. However, I'm not sure how much wear or if at all any it would have on the motor head?

What kind of volume of bio media is capable of going in one of these things?

Edited by Evolution

I may have discovered the Achilles heel of this brand, I was doing a water change and a filter clean the night before heading off to work, like about 2 in the morning, (stupid me I know) and took off the top placed it on the floor.......long story short, I tripped on it and cracked the glass UV housing. I have been looking on line and can't for the life of me find a replacement. Too bad I'm not fluent in Chinese.....sighangry.gif It may have helped. So I have a paper weight , 3 extra lamps and not a pot to pee in I think

Thats another reason we dont carry the UV line of the filter.

For the regular canister filter sans UV, all the marinland parts are compatible....

The UV filter is SunSun's own adaption.

AquaGiant carries the UV line and may be able to get you the extra parts that you need:

North: 12775 50 Street. Edmonton

(780)988-2872

South: 3204 Parons Rd.(99 St,)

(780)468-4661

• 10 months later...

Bought a new UV glass off ebay after some searching and this thing keeps on quietly chugging along. It's a wicked little thing. Just moved it up to a 20 gallon in my bedroom, it had 2 sponge filters in it. When I pulled them out I squished them into the tank, inside of 30 minutes the tank was clean. I believe it is rated for a 90 gallon tank or so, I'm overfiltering just a wee bit.

Super quiet, small, and because of some extra light from a window the UV may come in handy. But for the 80 bucks these sell for, I'd say they are worth every penny.

Jay