Taller Crypts

Vallisneria

Does anyone have any recommendations on Cryptocorynes that get bigger(20" tall). I want a bigger crypt to be a background plant in my 58g that is 20" tall. Right now I have Crypt Wendtii "tropica" and its pretty big(maybe 16")but I want to try another species of crypt.

Is Crypt. cordata tall? I"ve seen a few and they seemed to get bigger.

So any taller Crypts?

C. aponogertifolia get 34-36 inches high, when it has ideal growing condition. i have it and average height is 24 inches. but every once and a while it gets bigger.

i think it is one of the more sensitive crypts. if i trade any of it or eevn move it to another tank it melts. it does grow back though. they are a little bit hard to find. i got mine from the edmonton auction a few years ago. i think it was labeled wrong.

other than that i have not seen it anywhere.

the cordata's that i have are not that tall.

also C. balansae. gets tall, and is more common. doesnt look as nice as the aponogetifolia.

C. crispatula spiralis gets tall, but has skinny leaves

C. usteriana gets tall, about 24 inches. i have never seen it any where. if you know where to get some, i want it.

C. Hudoroi gets tall and is nice, but it is the same as the one above. i want it.

Cryptocoryne albida. gets tall and is nice. and same as above it thought i had some, but now i dont think so. i want some

Edited by fleshgear

Great, thanks!

Out of those, the only one i've actually seen in person is the C. balansae. I think there was a bag at the auction but I missed bidding on it.

I love the look of the C. aponogetifolia too. Both would contrast my Crypt. Wentii "tropica" nicely.

If anyone has any C. aponogetifolia or C. balansae in Edmonton let me know :)

C. balansae is my favorite Crypt. There were about 3 lots for sale at the auction. I might part with 1 plant, but if you can wait a month or two, I should have quite a few as my planted tank takes off.