Oh man...

Wingin' It

Yesterday morning I went and bought myself the complete contents of a 55 gallon saltwater setup. It sounded like a great idea; I already bought the lights, the protein skimmer, the salt, the tank/stand and a few doodads along the way. Last night I pulled the 72 gallon bowfront out of the garage, washed out the debris and put it on the step where I could actually look at the inside. Oh man! I have to re-seal the tank! Alright, no biggy, i've done this before. Got out the caulk removal tool out and went to work, but oh no...it's not that easy for me. The tool was minimally useful, so I pulled out the wood chisels and scraped out all of the old silicone. It worked well. Now to re-seal the tank, oh wait, there's no more silicone left! Alright, it's too late to go to the store and get home in time to finish. So early this morning I packed up the kids and off to Rona we went. I was thinking cheap today, so I bought the squeeze bottles of silicone. When we finally got home, I wiped down the tank (water & vinegar) and then went to work painstakingly squeezing the tube all along the sides. FYI, if you have long hair, best tie it back! Uhhh...ya...I got my hair in the freakin' silicone! lol It seems funny now, but my hair is still nasty feeling and i'm thinking a hair cut is now in order! LOL Dang it, now the tank is sitting outside, all smelly and drying and i'm inside thinking, OMG, what am I really getting myself into??!! LOL

I hear you about the hair. Do you know how many times I wander around with duckweed in my mop(hair)?? And isn't it guaranteed that you run out of the most important item late at night???

And isn't it guaranteed that you run out of the most important item late at night???

Are you sure your not talking about coffee? I'm pretty sure thats the most important item late at night or early in the morning.

Edited by Iceturf

Don't even talk to me about functioning without coffee??? We won't even talk about the day my coffeemaker broke and I thought my world would come to a standstill. Back on topic, that talk garnered plenty of attention about SW setups and I hear a rumour that a frag swap may be in the works too........