plant id needed

fishclubgirl

Sorry no pics but it's easy to describe. I recieved it in as a hairgrass but it's not a dwarf. The leaves look like val nana but it isn't a tall plant about 6" or so and it sends out runners. I know it's not Val Nana as I managed to kill most of that off and this hairgrass seems to be doing quite well. And jewels, I'll even let you play :bang1:

Sorry no pics but it's easy to describe.

Wait a minute- aren't you the person who's going to be giving the aquatic photography presentation at the next CAS meeting?

Maybe Eleocharis vivipara? It's a hairgrass that makes little plantlets/runners on the ends of the leaves.

That's why I'm not putting up a pic as it has some algae and I like my pics to look pretty good. Also I've been taking pics for the presentation. Might have to do a search through your precious library as I'm not finding answers on the 'net.

I've seen E. tennelus get up to 4", but if your plant looks like a tall hairgrass, I doubt it's a sword.

And jewels, I'll even let you play :bang1:

Hair Grass Eh ? First off just how hairy is it ?

Is it a reasonable amount of hairy ? :shifty: A little bit carried away ? :boxer: Or more like the hair on your arms? :boxed:

Considering the absence of the obligatory photo and also given that I did not send you this particular plant ; I believe you were @ a slight advantage.

But as Garth Algar once said " I like to play "

Hairgrass is usually E. tenellus, there is also E. Angustifolius which may grow to 12 inches. The leaves are more 'perfecto'

Is Eleocharis vivipara the same as E. acicularus? - thats a smashing stab

Let us not forget the Manchurian candidate - Lilaeopsis mauritiana

Sag. Sub. can be quite dainty - do not dismiss it to quickly

Come to think of it I have convinced myself that it is in fact most likely Allium schoenoprasum

If you bought this stuff @ the Superstore 3 bunches for a buck, then what the lady @ the till said was "Egg-salad" not not 'A-quarium'

Happy Easter

Enjoy your chives!!

:beer:

it has some algae and I like my pics to look pretty good.

Me too!

Crank up the light and the CO2

stop adding EVERYTHING but Nitrate

and your algae will be gone.

Yeah, that simple.

P.S. do not get me wrong - I like chives too!! :hey: