2 heads are better than one?

African_Fever

Had the first noticeably deformed fry out of my WC's; almost wondering if it's due to them breeding too much. I've got one free-swimming 2-headed Mel. cyaneorhabdos. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow. The spine is a bit bent too, so I'm not too sure how long it'll make it.

I read about something like this on CF, and from what was posted the 2 headed fry didn't last long.

They didn't mention that this was a result over breeding, as i don't believe it would be (i'm no expert on this though, and i could be wrong).

I would imagine that this could happen in the wild as well, but with other predators that would eat small fish, and with the physical imparment... I don't think it would ever live long enough to be seen. (please prove me wrong if you saw one during your internship)

To me... it would be no different than siemese twins, or being born with a physical defect. And we all know that these births are not caused due to humans over breeding.

was there anything new added to your holding tanks such as chemicals, ect? Something to think about as the smallest amount of a chemical could affect a lot!

i wouln't be worried though!

very interesting to say the least!

looking forward to the pics you'll post!

nevchewy

(any chance you can take a pic of my saulosi too?)

Edited by nevchewy