convict fry

johnsmith

I have a really nice pink convict and would like to dedicate my 33g to a convict pair, however, I don't know what I'd ever do with all the fry.

If you leave them in the tank do you really end up with a lot growing up or do the parents keep knocking them off once they're ready to spawn again?

So far in my 33 gallon the convict pair has had 3 sets of babies and I find that only 10 or so live to grow up big, and they are chased but seldom killed once they get to be about 1".

So I feed the 1-2" fry to my turtle.

:ml:

im planning to get a pac man frog in the near future. but by the time my cons acctually breed i will have one. mine are about 1 inch female and 1.5-2 inch male, but i dont think they like each other. the male constantly chases the female away from his cave. i also think that if theyv laid eggs ether the oscar, rapheal cat or eel has gotten to them.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think it was the oscar. mine would beat the oscar into the corner and he was way bigger than the cons.

MAybe try and get another one. I found that with another male then they will both want her. If you want, I will give you a couple fry that are 1-2 inches big so you can get a happy pair if you want.