Discus with fry

corrosionjerry

Looky looky... my Grade Blue Diamond and Fire Red female... laid eggs several days ago and guess what I have wigglers today.... not sure how long they will last because they are in a tank with 11 other Discus 100+ Rummy Nose Tetras...5 clown loaches and a couple of bristle nose......

Water is PH 6.5

TDS is about 100PPM

RO-tap water is mixed 1/2 and 1/2 so it is quite soft.... aged for 3 days and I change 50% of the water weekly. And yes the little ones are feeding off the mothers slime coat...

The chances of this batch of fry surviving is not good because of the other fish in the tank / I need to move this pair to another tank by themselves... I know some of the fry were already picked off by preditors... its imposible to move the pair with the fry swiming at Her side because they are so small you cant even net them..... The main thing is I know that they are a proven pair and I know the water perameters are correct and viable... The stock is grade A from Forestt's stock purchased from April in Vancouver, so they are of high quality.

• 2 months later...