Pinned threads...

Has cleaning up the pinned threads ever been considered? Some pinned threads are out dated and require updating and some of the pinned threads are not necesary for pinning, it seems, anymore. Maybe have a public vote on each pinned thread as to what needs to be done with it, if anything. If a pinned thread needs to be updated and the origional author doesn't want to do it and allows some one to update it, then that creates some awesome new activity for active members new and old to partake in on a community level.

Also, I think no other board is doing this, but how about putting the members first and by that I mean put the freshwater community tank first and add the cichlids to it, then next put genneral and add the photo forum to this and remove the sponser forum and put it in with this forum. After general forum add the salt flats and then added this forum to the bottom. I under stand that the staff and sponcers make this forum function, but this forum wasn't created for staff and sponsers, it was created for fish hobbiests.

Reorganize the forum. Instead of just a diy sub forum, why not make a whole forum for diy. one for diy tanks, diy filters, diy lighting and so on.

Just some thoughts.

Has cleaning up the pinned threads ever been considered? Some pinned threads are out dated and require updating and some of the pinned threads are not necesary for pinning, it seems, anymore. Maybe have a public vote on each pinned thread as to what needs to be done with it, if anything. If a pinned thread needs to be updated and the origional author doesn't want to do it and allows some one to update it, then that creates some awesome new activity for active members new and old to partake in on a community level.

Yes the pinned threads can be cleaned up. I"ll try to find the time to look through them. If anyone ever sees a link is broken please send a PM to the staff, otherwise how are we supposed to know and fix it.

Also, I think no other board is doing this, but how about putting the members first and by that I mean put the freshwater community tank first and add the cichlids to it, then next put genneral and add the photo forum to this and remove the sponser forum and put it in with this forum. After general forum add the salt flats and then added this forum to the bottom. I under stand that the staff and sponcers make this forum function, but this forum wasn't created for staff and sponsers, it was created for fish hobbiests.

I don't think the forum order will be changing. Right now, after the anoucements and sponsor forum, its listed pretty much in order of most used forums and is pretty straightforward(general,community,cichlid,salt, photo). Not sure I understand the advantages of switching it to community first, then cichlids.

Reorganize the forum. Instead of just a diy sub forum, why not make a whole forum for diy. one for diy tanks, diy filters, diy lighting and so on.

We've considered this before but we don't want the forum to become a bunch of subforums that no one uses. There isn't enough posts to warrant sub forums for ever little thing and the forum will become cluttered. As it is now people have trouble posting in the right forums.