What is on the GLASS?

jesp

google it thats how i found out about it. I got it at sprawlmart or crappy tire.Good enpugh not to scratch a candy paint job on a car it wont scratch a tank.

Turtle wax heavy duty rubbing compound

Edited by JLake

its all natural and safe for tanks, so the article i read on it stated. Might just be internet jibber jabber but i used it and it worked okay after clr and vinegar did not. But ill admit it only made the glass better not perfect. Its not a liquid like clr which runs all over your tank and contaminates every corner. Its a paste and it was easily rinsed in a up turned tank.

Alright gang, vinegar soaked paper towels under plastic wrap for 6 hours did nothing. This is starting to annoy me and worry me.

My next choice is the turtle wax. Wish me luck.

seajays, about this acid product that you suggest, if the vinegar did not work in 6 hours, how effective would this stuff be? A strong acid just works faster due to concentration if I'm not mistaken, but the quantity and length of exposure will make any acid do the job. I guess it is up to me in the end, and it really couldn't hurt if it's my last option.

This stuff first came to my attention from someone in the Calgary club. I use it also on my humidifier hard water deposits. When sprayed on it foams like baking soda on battery acid. Removes all the deposit. it cost around $25 a gallon. Try asking around the Calgary club people to see if you can beg a cupful. I am not saying it will work , just worth a try before you reject it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here's the update.

I went to Canadian Tire and picked up something called goo gone. I left it soaking over night and it did nothing, or next to nothing. I also picked up some turtle wax. I have been applying this like crazy and I think that it is actually working, but very very slowly. I hope it is permanent.

Who has used turtle wax before?

ALSO, I was wondering if there is any kind of glass sealant that might be a more permanent choice. Some thought that maybe clear nail polish might work.......

If the turtle wax worked then go buy some headlight polish cleaner. It should work better compared to the paste compound waxes.

However, I would keep at the turtle wax and it will eventually all come out. You can buy a buffing/polishing pad that you can hook up to a drill bit and that should assist with all that manual labor. Just don't push hard against the glass. When you apply the turtle wax, leave it on for a while until it hazes or looks dry, then buff it out.