stripped too early

JLake

I stripped my callochromis stappersi too early, they fry still have lil pink egg sacs. She cannot suck them back up bc of her mouth design. she tried but couldnt get them in her mouth. an I keep these lil guys alive? ANy of them? Any tips?

I stripped one of my copadichromis azereus too soon. The little preemie guys do OK. Scooting around with the under carriage dragging.I just keep an eye on them, and offer food when the sacs are almost gone, that way when they are hungry it is there. I just feed mine NLS wafers cracked into 1/8 inch chunks, works like a charm, after 12-14 hour swap em out, they don't like them once they get mogey. I just suck em up with a turkey baster and chuck in some more. Good luck.

Jay

Yeah, like Jay says. If I ever did that, they either went into a 10 gal or a breeder net. Most always survived, and started to feed once egg sacs were almost gone.

I would use either an egg tumbler of throw them into one of those hard plastic live bearer breeding containers. Add an air stone. If you don't have good circulation (not too strong), they could start developing a fungus.

Look on youtube on making an egg tumbler, it's really easy.

Edited by Kronosdelsol