AQUACLEARS that FLOW OVER (out of the tank)

Bandi

Wow, your response has been good. I am not the only person with this problem..yah! Sounds like a small design flaw and I have already employed all the suggestions mentioned above...so I guess I am on the right track. A peice of slate on the lid, a small heavy rock inside on top of the media and cleaning sponges regularly... all good. Thanks guys for your imput.

I use my ACs as biofilters only. I actually take out all media and the cage and shove as many scrubbies in there as I can. Then, I put a sponge over the intake and rinse it under the tap every week w. WC.

The cage pops up to let you know it needs cleaning cause the flow is down.

I used to have the overflow problem too - then started using the AC's leveling part (black tab like thing that slots into the bottom of the filter) sometimes with some foam padding to tilt the filter more toward my tank instead of just level. When the cage pops up it seems to keep the water that otherwise overflows down the outside of the tank from doing that, instead it just falls into the tank.

Good luck!

in my ac's i use sponges and bio pellets... when the filter rises, i just rinse the sponge (not the bio pellets) and put it back together... after six months i just replace the sponge as its only really used for mechanical filtration. as many people have indicated, if the cage rises, rinse out the sponge, or replace it depending on how old it is. They are usually under $3 at the LFS

I use my ACs as biofilters only. I actually take out all media and the cage and shove as many scrubbies in there as I can. Then, I put a sponge over the intake and rinse it under the tap every week w. WC.

I have done simular things also...glad to know I am on the right track!