Birchir with Wolf Fish

timbruun

I've picked up an Ornate Birchir around 7 inches and a Rainbow Wolf Fish around 4 inches. They are both in the same 55 gallon. The Ornate can be pretty aggressive towards the Wolf and I was just wondering if this will affect the Wolf Fish long term. I've heard Wolf Fish are supposed to be pretty aggressive and I don't want mine to become timid just because it gets harrassed every once in a while by the Ornate. Will the Wolf Fish be fine as it gains size since it should grow faster than the Ornate?

I could take the Ornate out and put it in my other tank for a bit while the rainbow grows but would ultimatly like them to share a tank in the future if possible.

I've read a max of 8" but I doubt most fish reach max anyways. That brings me to my other question actually. Both my Ornate and Wolf eat like pigs when I feed them but does the same rule apply as for fish. With the all they can eat for 1-2 mins kind of idea? I do notice after they eat they are fatter.

An ornate bichir in a 50 gallon? Do you plan on upgrading to a bigger one? Cause that eel is gonna get huge (60cm/25inch possibly). If the rainbow only maxes at 7 to 8" I dunno how well they'll do together long term, my bichirs are not suppose to get nearly as big as an ornate and they already harass the fish I had in with them that are an inch or two smaller then they are, let alone when they max at full size. They're pretty inquisitive fellows when it comes to food and like to nip at most things. I don't think these two will make nice. Specially in a tank that size where the wolf won't have much room to run.