Black Silicon

Cgy_Betta_Guy

Hi all... was hoping someone in Calgary may know where to source a single caulking tube of aquarium safe black silicon or possibly has a half tube left over. Preferably GE Silicon I (product # GE312A) or another brand equivalent such as their construction series? I have plans to reline my QT/Hospital/plant nursery tank that has badly blue stained silicon in the near future and figured the black would look much better. Dont think I will need a huge quantity for a 15G and assuming I can do it right the first time with no do overs...

I have been to Rona, Home Depot and Canadian Tire and all they seem to carry in black are GE Silicone II and DAP windows and doors which both state they have mildew resistance which is apparently something that can be harmful to the inhabitants of the tank. Probably will hit a couple other hardware shops to see what might be carried but I am not too optimistic in finding anyone that carries GE I in black.

Thanks!

Hi all... was hoping someone in Calgary may know where to source a single caulking tube of aquarium safe black silicon or possibly has a half tube left over. Preferably GE Silicon I (product # GE312A) or another brand equivalent such as their construction series? I have plans to reline my QT/Hospital/plant nursery tank that has badly blue stained silicon in the near future and figured the black would look much better. Dont think I will need a huge quantity for a 15G and assuming I can do it right the first time with no do overs...

I have been to Rona, Home Depot and Canadian Tire and all they seem to carry in black are GE Silicone II and DAP windows and doors which both state they have mildew resistance which is apparently something that can be harmful to the inhabitants of the tank. Probably will hit a couple other hardware shops to see what might be carried but I am not too optimistic in finding anyone that carries GE I in black.

Thanks!

You have Gregg's Distributors there in Cowgary.

They have Dow 732 Sealant.

I paid $6 or so a tube.