A good plant store in Edmonton?

AvianAquatics

I might possibly go to Edmonton this Saturday and I want to check out some good shops there 04.gif. Due to the fact that this is a family vacation and we are not staying over please recommend ONE pet shop that carries a GOOD and LARGE selection of plants. Maybe also some shrimps if you've seen them there this week shifty.gif.

For plants probably try Nature's Corner, not too sure if they have gotten a shipment of new plants yet as they are still in pond mode right now :). The other place would be Big Al's I know they did get in some Tropica plants when I was in there on Tuesday. They also have some shrimps, red fire, red skunk, crystal red, red eyed blue shrimp, amano shrimp and cherry shrimp are what I saw there.

So Nature's Corner only have pond right now? And I'll add Big Al's on my to go list shifty.gif

No Nature's has other stuff too just during the summer the focus seems to be on ponds. I'd call ahead and ask if they have recently got a plant shipment in. The plants seems to sell off fast but if they have recently got a shipment they are the place to check out.

If you are only allowed 1 LFS stop Big als is a good choice too, as it has the largest selection of fish.

Send Henry a PM - he's Nature's Corner Store here on AA. Ask him if he'll have many plants at the time you're here - IME best selection and quality in the city... when the tanks are full. They have such great prices that the plant tanks empty very fast!

So Nature's Corner for plants and Big Als for shrimps... Are those close to the big mall in Edmonton?

No not close to the mall. Nature's and BA are on the south side, and West Edmonton Mall is in the west(hence the name ;) ).

Nature's is 9082-51 Ave

Big als is 3511 99TH

and WEM is 1755 170 Street

Nature's and BA are about 5-10mins apart though

I saw it on the map too, they do seem relatively close. I think I'll check them both out... the Crystal Reds are calling me rollin.gif

In that case.....

Morphine.... is calling you... I needdd monnnneyyyyyy...........

Psh worth a try.

Thanks to this site, I now know west edmonton mall is in the west!!!

Good luck buddy... It all depends on when they get there shipments and how plant crazy there prior customers were in buying them!! I find it's hit or miss!

I don't know if the CAS auctions are like the ACE ones (I'll make it down to C-town one of these times!), but that's the place to get some great plants for amazing prices! Just buy what really grabs your eye while up here, but then make sure you hit the auction in Oct.